LOW FODMAP SPAGHETTI BOLOGNAISE
200g (0.45 lb) lean beef mince
1 cup of chopped canned tomatoes
2 Tbsp of tomato paste
1 Chicken stock cube
1/4 of a cup of red wine
1 pinch of chilli flakes
1 grated carrot
1/2 grated zucchini (courgette)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil. Brown the mince until most of the moisture has cooked off.
- Add tomato paste, canned tomatoes, stock cube, red wine, chilli, carrot and zucchini to the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and stir the mixture to combine. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until your sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta until just tender.
- Add the basil to the sauce mixture in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Mix the pasta and sauce mixture immediately prior to serving.
- Serve alongside your favourite low FODMAP salad.