LOW FODMAP CHOCOLATE CAKE
Makes a 23cm (9 inch) cake (enough for about 10 servings)
- 225g (8oz) dark chocolate (as high quality as you can get)
- 140g (5oz) unsalted butter
- 200g (7oz) white sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C (375F) and grease or line a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together using a bowl placed on top of a saucepan full of simmering water. Be very careful not to overheat it. Set aside to cool.
- Separately, beat the eggs, salt, and sugar until the mixture is foamy.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the egg mixture and continue to beat until combined.
- Combine the cocoa powder with your mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and cook for about 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on a rack before serving. Serve with a small amount of whipped cream or lactose-free unsweetened yoghurt.